Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Stroud Simon Stroud is offline

Default GU10 CFL equivalents

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 6 Feb, 21:26, "Simon Stroud" wrote:

If your CFL GU10 bulbs are anything like the load I bought from CPC a
while
ago, there's more than a theoretical possibility that they'll be replaced
by
halogens - you'll probably do that yourself within a few days before your
eyes have to grow "as big as millwheels" to compensate for the darkness.

Any idea of the brand you purchased? Megaman stuff I've seen has been
really good. Also, replacing a, say 35w halogen with a 40w equivalent
CFL should compensate for the different light.

They were like this:

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...sp?sku=LP02190

but now apparently these have been replaced by this one:

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...sp?sku=LP02762

I thought the ones I had eere something like "Prolite" (like the new ones
they now stock) or some such Chinese-sounding name, but it's possible I'm
confusing them with the LED ones, which were even more disappointing.

Good luck!

Simon.