Posted to alt.home.repair
jd jd is offline

Default Safe - how to open?

call the comapny that made the safe. They will tell you what information to
collect from the case, and can then give you a combination. If that doesn't
work, call alocksmith. A good one should be able to get it open without
damaging it. When you speak to them on the phone, give them as much info
about hte safea s you can.....

"Jack" wrote in message
ups.com...

MiamiCuse wrote:
I just took possession of a property and there is a safe in one of the
closets. The safe is about 36"x36"x24" deep. The previous owner was
an elderly man and no longer remember the combinations. Me and a
buddy tried to move it and it would not move an inch...we think it is
at least 500 pounds in weight.

Is there a way to get it opened? If I call a locksmith and they come
open it does it mean they will break it in order to get it open or is
there a way to open it and reset the combinations so it may be used?

Thanks,

MC

Keep this in mind, All safes, whether they are bank vaulys or home can
be opened with the right knowledge and tools. Yours is no exception.