Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Safe - how to open?

I bet you can't even get a wooden 1 3/4" door out of its opening
by removing the hinge pins unless you hurt the door or the jamb,
unless it was hung very sloppily..

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 6, 12:29 am, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I just took possession of a property and there is a safe in one
of the
closets. The safe is about 36"x36"x24" deep. The previous
owner was
an elderly man and no longer remember the combinations. Me and
buddy tried to move it and it would not move an inch...we think
it is
at least 500 pounds in weight.

Is there a way to get it opened? If I call a locksmith and
they come
open it does it mean they will break it in order to get it open
or is
there a way to open it and reset the combinations so it may be
used?

Thanks,

MC

Are the hinges exposed? Maybe they can be cut and replaced later
after
combination is reset..Having a safe can actually draw thieves to
Your
house if people see it and start flappin thier gums..Will a
heavy duty
handcart help with moving it?