Posted to sci.electronics.repair
nogoer nogoer is offline

Default RCA D52W20 flashing black to white horizontal snow

On Feb 6, 4:35 pm, "Art" wrote:
Probably at least a signal board, requiring registration resetting, etc."nogoer" wrote in message

oups.com...

snip

Thanks Art for taking time to offer a suggestion.

I did try changing to an rca style cable last night, the kind with
yellow/red/white. When i did so the TV never went to the black/white
flashing. However it did randomly start going wavy with a purple tint
to the waves. Its kind of hard to describe exactly what was happening,
but it seemed to be a result of the same thing that caused the snowy
effect. I guess at the higher resolution of the hd cable signal it was
enough to knock the picture completely out. Then at the non-hd signal
its only enough to knock it out of convergence or something. It also
seemed to be of vary degrees of wavyness depending on the colors in
the picture. It was worst when the picture was predominantly black and
less noticeable when there were lots of color.

Thanks again
Jenson