Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"George" wrote:

Yes, many of our children are eligible for free or reduced breakfasts
and lunches. We also receive additional State/Federal funds for part
time in-classroom support over other schools in our district among
other
things.

Is this fair that one school receives additional State and Federal
support?

Is any scheme for income redistribution "fair?" It's the law. That'll
have
to do for those of us who respect the principle of rule by law, if not
the
individual law.

Well, George, how can you have equitable education for all if you don't
redistribute? I know, let's fund all schools up to the amount the lowest
taxbase neighborhood generates and eliminate all fundraisers - tadaah!

First, you try to get people like yourself to realize that while you can
teach a subject, the education comes from within. It's shouldn't be a
knowledge cafeteria out there either, ought to get some standard of cultural
continuation and comparability through use of the materials. My generation
all knows Dick and Jane, but the only current common culture comes from
sitcoms. Standardization.

Makes the _opportunity_ equal across the board. Which is the only thing we
should be concerned with. Doesn't take fancy buildings, small classes, high
technology, or any of the current educational Shibboleths, only a
willingness to learn.

Why is it always money? It's no substitute for effort, anywhere.