Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Cable colours grrrrr

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:36:01 +0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:59:07 GMT, Cicero wrote:

I pointed him in the direction of the labels required to make the mix
of old and new legal. That's a perfectly reasonable thing to do in a
DIY newsgroup.

True as it stands but all new works have to be done in the new colours
and as the BCO has his fingers on this particular installation the OP
cannot use the old colours. He could use them for non-notifiable work
though...

===============================
A bit of confusion here I think.

I wrote:

"I assumed that the OP's house isn't currently wired to the new colour
wiring standard. If my assumption is correct it appears from the OP's post
that he is about to add wiring of the newer standard to his (presumed) old
colour standard installation. He expressed his intention to be legal.

I pointed him in the direction of the labels required to make the mix of
old and new legal. That's a perfectly reasonable thing to do in a DIY
newsgroup."

I wasn't suggesting that the OP should use the old standard cable - only
that the use of cables of different standards requires a warning notice to
indicate the use of two standards.

Cic.

--
Testing UBUNTU Linux