Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] b33k34@hotmail.com is offline

Default GU10 CFL equivalents

On 5 Feb, 18:45, Andy Hall wrote:
Ideally i'd like to use LEDs but from what I've seen/heard the bulbs
aren't quite up to it yet.

Neitherare theCFLs

Really? What are the problems with them - I'm happy enough with the
*quality* CFL replacements i've used instead of traditional bulbs
around the place. I'd not use one in, say, a cupboard where instant
light is wanted for a short period but for a light that's going to be
on for some hours they're fine.

Our kitchen has two circuits of 35w 12v spots at the moment. We want
to retain dimming on the ones over the table (and can use the lamps
and dimmers from the other circuit as spares) but were going to swap
out the circuit above the worksurface for 7w Megaman CFL GU10s.