Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

On Feb 6, 6:42 pm, "
wrote:
Man, there is some really weird opinons here. So much vitriol... and
you can really smell the differevces in people and their respective
generations, and for those playing the rec.woodworking home version
for some time, it has to be fascinating to see the personalities
reveal themselves. It sure has been for me.

I read the rest of your post with great interest.

I have read all of the entries in here, also with great interest.

I saw a few fan a few flames, I saw a few with fire extiguishers, a
few from the left, a few from the right.... and of course a few ****-
disturbers who have nothing to add, so they decide to stir ****
instead; business as usual.
Yet, amongst the noise, a message seeped out that we all care for our
kids.
I have a niece, who taught inner-city in Witchita KS. Grade 5.
My niece is tough. Smart and tough. She would slam her fist on
somebody's kitchen table and demanded to know why Johnny/Suzy was so
tired in the morning. She took the parents head-on. One by one, slowly
things turned around...and why? Because somebody finally gave a ****.
None of the parents ever had to deal with a teacher who cared.
When the 5's went to grade 6, some came to talk to the new 5's and
were told not to **** with Ms P.
She has told me a few stories which just blew me away. If a parent
couldn't make it to a meeting, my niece would call and make an
appointment to come see them...many of them suddenly found the time
and way to make it to school to talk to the teacher.

Parents and teachers need to show a united front. Neither should have
to wait for the other to make the first move. I have walked into my
kid's teacher's coffee room un- announced. Most of the time with a
bull**** excuse, but ALL pf the time to show the flag.

It must be hell to teach a kid, knowing his/her parents don't give a
****.

Deadbeat parents will always be deadbeat parents. Legislation is NOT
going to solve that problem any more than jail-terms keeps crack off
the street. Ain't gonna happen.

All of this **** starts at home.

r---- who has managed to stay out of this thread. (It is all done
now, right?)