Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Road Tax on driving a vehicle

On 2007-02-07 00:34:28 +0000, Frank Erskine
said:

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 23:00:33 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

A trip to B&Q for me is 16km each way

I would hope it's much the same distance there and back... :-)

Depends if you vary the route to relieve the boredom.

My "local " B&Q (a 'Superstore') is about 1½ miles away, but there's a
'Warehouse' only slightly further away (and another 'Whorehouse' about
5M distant).

and with titting around because of idle weekend shoppers and
push chairs getting underfoot takes in total 2-3 hours.

Push chairs are the new scourge - even worse than 4x4s really. ALL
push chair owners seem to know one another and have to park abreast in
the aisles to chatter.

Are they still called "buggies"? I haven't heard that expression for a
year or two...

I'm surprised that they allow them in these places, or for that matter
small kids
running around. Considering the various carts with assorted materials
that can be being
pushed around it's not exactly safe yet parents don't seem to keep the
kids on a lead.