Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any great way to start my generator?

I'm not sure you can revive flat gas. But, who knows?

I like name brand gas. Mobil seems to last a bit longer than the
discount brands. Stabil and Pri G are supposed to help. Do they?
I don't know for sure.

A hearty congratulations for running your generator every month.
I know I should, but I do not. I know what you mean about doing
this in the dark. Hint: Buy a battery power head lamp. Worth
every penny when you are working and it's dark and you need to
see. I own and use several strap on head lamps.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Toller" wrote in message
I have a 4 year old Honda EU2000i with about 200 hours of use.

I have done
the proper maintenance on it.
I leave it with gas and gas stabilizer, and start it up for 5

minutes once a
month. When it gets hard to start I change the gas; that is

about once a
year.

Tonight we had 2 brief power losses, and since it is 5 degrees

out, I
thought it would be a good idea to warm up the generator. It

wouldn't
start. I brought it in the house for a half hour, but that

didn't help. I
changed the gas; that did the trick. As I understand it, the

most volatile
parts of the gas evaporate, leaving something behind that is

inadequate to
start the engine; is that correct? Is there anything I could

add to the old
gas to revive it? Everything worked out fine (no outage so

far, and the
generator finally started) but I would hate to have to do this

in the dark
during a real outage. (I mean, besides changing the gas more

often...)

Thanks.