Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Safe - how to open?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Larry Bud" wrote in message
oups.com...
Speaking of old folks saving stuff: A friend of mine used to be into
buying
and refinishing antique furniture. One day, he and his wife found a
really
nice dresser at an estate auction. They bought it for $150.00. As they
were
something
metallic sliding around. They stood it up again, pulled out the drawers,
and
under the bottom drawer was a lightweight metal box containing $4,000.00
in
hundred dollar bills. They went home fast

He's quite the humanitarian.

I'd count your silverware after he leave your house the next time!

You would've walked that metal box back to the auctioneer?

No, I would have returned to the executor of the estate, or the attorney of
record. Around here at least, many auctioneers ain't real honest. Yeah,
keeping it was probably technically legal (although there is case law saying
nobody should benefit from an obvious mistake), but it would have left me
feeling scummy.

aem sends...