Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] marks542004@yahoo.com is offline

Default Help on Sprinkler Installation

On Feb 6, 5:20 pm, wrote:
I've been reading a little on it, and the way I want to install it
seems pretty easy.
I have a small flower bed, which needs water everyday and isn't
getting it. It's getting water every 2-3 days right no. It's only
about 20' x 5'.
Thinking it would be easy to install some PVC piping about 6" in the
ground, with some flexible arms to the sprinkler head (would only need
3-4 maybe?), and then manually connecting it to the close-by faucet
when watering. I guess the connection could some time of flexible
hose with threading.
Does this seem easy/straigt-forward? Am I missing anything in the
thought process?
Would I still need to measure PSI and GPM for 3-4 heads in this small
area? Would I need a backflow prevention mechanism for connection to
an above-ground faucet?
Thanks for the help.
You can call me lazy, but getting home at night-time after a long
day's work (6 days a week), it's definitely a "chore" to water this
flower bed.

personally for this I would get a soaker hose and a cheap timer for
the faucet connection .