Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Power Amp Repair

Haaky wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Haaky wrote:

I have no idea what type of fuse i'm using. There is no making on it
saying it's a "T"
I checked the web site of the company that makes the fuses and i don't
see any "T" listed for that fuse.
It's 250V 6.3A GFE Miniature fuse made by Conquer.

Google seems to say a GFE type is fast blow.

You need a GDC type ( slow blow ).

I'm gonna take a strol over to the repair shop and see if they have
any 250V 7A or 8A "T" fuses.

I've looked at Radio Shack or The Source up here in Canada the only 7A
fuses they had were 1-1/4 X 1/4 it didn't look like they would fit
into the fuse holder.

I was thinking maybe, could i replace the fuse holder with a breaker?
I noticed the the manual they talk about a breaker switch and not a
fuse or fuse block.

You'll need a 20 mm fuse. like this

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2102764&cp

Graham

Ok i see i'm using a GFE type fuse when i should be using a GDC type
fuse i was gonna ask how to tell the difference.
I almost missed that line above my quote.

So i guess a GFE fuse is just an ordinary run of the mill every day
fuse And a GDC would be a slow blow.

Now are Time Delayed and Slow Blow fuses the same thing or are they
different.

They are in principle the same thing but a US 'slo-blo' and a European/International
'T' have slightly different fusing characteristics. Not different enough to worry
about in this case though.

Man you know how much this would cost me if i was to take a course and
my local collage to find this stuff out

LOTS !

I think we narrowed it down to me having to use the proper fuse. Which
obviously i am not using in the amp

I'm surprised this didn't happen along time ago. Maybe because of the
new part that was installed.

What type was it before that part failed though ? It was probably originally the right
type.

Graham