Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Slat bed question

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
I am working on my foot/head board rails. If I don't have the two sides
exactly parallel to each other than the slats will not fit at a constant
length from left to right.

Question #1: If I am off a little in parallel is their a trick to fix the
slats so they all fit ? I was going to attach them to the rails with
biscuits.

Question #2: Do you think bscuits will be a strong of enough joint for the
slats? There is no up and down forces pulling on the joint so I was
thinking biscuits would work.

Here is the bed:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Ellis_Mission_Bed.htm

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Typically the side rail is "L" shaped with the bottom horizontal piece
facing towards the middle of the bed. The slats set on that horizontal
piece and typically are only laying on the rail and not attached.