Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Cable colours grrrrr

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Ben Blaukopf wrote:
Started wiring up my kitchen ring tonight. Retrieved 50m reel of 2.5 t&e
from garage, ran first length. All nice and neat.

Lightbulb goes off.

Check the end of the cable.

Black and red. I've had this reel for quite some time. Go check the regs
and discover that I should have used it by March last year....

Rip it out[1], check garage. That's one reel of 6mm that's useless as
well. Pants. Not happy.

You must be the only one in the country paying attention to such tosh -
indeed many commercial installations refuse to use the new colours for
extending or repairs.

Don't think he's got much option if this is under BCO supervision though...

David