Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default How do you filter the water from your kitchen sink?

BTW, I don't worry bout lead problem. This house is a little over 3
years old; I have been living here 1 3/4 year.

http://www.ehow.com/how_16271_choose...iltration.html

"STEP 4: Think about getting an in-line reverse-osmosis filtering
system if your water test shows sodium, ferrous iron, nitrates, lead,
fluoride or organic contaminants. Be aware that a reverse-osmosis
system puts out a limited amount of drinking water and wastes a lot of
water (about 4 gallons of wasted water per gallon of clear water). If
your water's calcium count is high, you'll need to use a water
softener with this system (see "eHow to Eliminate Hard Water'). "

I don't want reverse-osmosis since it waste water and I doubt that I
have lead issue.

Is it really necessary to test the water to see what's in it?

I might change my mind about Pur thought the filter I was using
initially would remove lindane.

http://www.waterfiltercomparisons.co...son_Matrix.cfm
Shower filter comparison: http://www.showerfiltercomparisons.net/
So far Aquasana is the best deal but the links leades to the ad; That
turns me off.

I am getting some useful info; I might as well share the info here.
http://www.bestfilters.com/water_filter_ratings.html

I still want your opinion and recommednation.