Posted to rec.woodworking
Stoutman Stoutman is offline

Default Slat bed question

OK I guess I didn't state my question clearly enough.

Let me try again.

I am not referring to the slats that support the mattress, I am referring to
the slats that are in the head board and foot board. In the cad drawing
there are 9 of them in the headboard and 9 in the foot board.

|---------rail edge--------|
|----------rail edge-------|
|-------------------------|
|---------rail-------------|
| |
| | Bed Posts

If the two edges of the rails are not exactly parallel than the slats will
not fit from left to right.

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
I am working on my foot/head board rails. If I don't have the two sides
exactly parallel to each other than the slats will not fit at a constant
length from left to right.

Question #1: If I am off a little in parallel is their a trick to fix the
slats so they all fit ? I was going to attach them to the rails with
biscuits.

Question #2: Do you think bscuits will be a strong of enough joint for the
slats? There is no up and down forces pulling on the joint so I was
thinking biscuits would work.

Here is the bed:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Ellis_Mission_Bed.htm

--