Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] bsa441@gmail.com is offline

Default Slat bed question

On Feb 6, 1:22 pm, "Stoutman" .@. wrote:
I am working on my foot/head board rails. If I don't have the two sides
exactly parallel to each other than the slats will not fit at a constant
length from left to right.

Question #1: If I am off a little in parallel is their a trick to fix the
slats so they all fit ? I was going to attach them to the rails with
biscuits.

Question #2: Do you think bscuits will be a strong of enough joint for the
slats? There is no up and down forces pulling on the joint so I was
thinking biscuits would work.

Here is the bed:http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Ellis_Mission_Bed.htm

--
Stoutmanwww.garagewoodworks.com

I don't care for metal fasteners, so I dovetailed my slats in. They
are easy to remove with a tap, but I must admit, it took a bit of
fitting to get them all in.