Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] PM@alt.home.repair is offline

Default Wood deck - Cedar Vs PT

Tony Hwang wrote:
ir wrote:
An ice storm and a 50' tree finished off our deck.

When we rebuild I am wondering about the longevity of
cedar Vs pressure treated wood. Michigan four season
weather. Any idea what the current premium is on the
cedar? Thanks!

Hi,
Hello, from Calgary. forget the wood, go for Duradeck or similar
product. Today it is calm with freezing rain.

The old deck was Cedar. When we get the insurance payment I was
thinking of going PT because it is cheaper and we could build a bigger
deck for the same price. Composite decking is out of our price range.