Posted to alt.home.repair
BCDrums BCDrums is offline

Default Electric motor/circuit question

mm wrote:

I put the probes of a multimeter into the outlet into which the
treadmill is plugged, which is downstream of the TV/Stereo. The meter
didn't move when the TV and stereo powered up. Then I turned on the
treadmill and took it up to our usual speed. Again, the meter did not
move. Is this a valid test for voltage drop?

Thanks for the help.
BC

I would do the test again with you on the treadmill and someone else
watching the meter.

Although you can't do that because the motor isn't strong enough to
work the thing now, iirc, right?

The tech was there to put in the new motor, so we are up & running,
literally!

BTW, does the plug get hot after you're on the treadmill.

Will check.

BC