MarkM

Default OT - Domestic Safe

Andrew McKay wrote in message . ..
On 10 Jul 2003 22:42:47 GMT, a (Dave Baker) wrote:

My dad had a safe once. It was a small one built in to a wall upstairs I think.
When the house got burgled while they were away on holiday the burglars
couldn't open the safe but they destroyed everything it was attached to and
took the safe away to open it at their leisure. To add insult to injury they
stole the car to take the safe away in. Whether anything was actually in the
safe at the time I'm not sure. He didn't replace it. You might consider his
experience before making your own decision

That describes what I referred to in my earlier reply.

Might be a good idea to have a not-very-expensive,
not-very-well-hidden, not-very-well-attatched safe full of scrap lead,
and meanwhile continue to keep your valuables under the water tank
/wherever. You at least have the satisfaction of knowing that any
thieves have had a hernia and several hours bashing a safe to end up
with junk, rather than trashing the stuff you really care about....