Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

Leon wrote:
| "Morris Dovey" wrote in message
|| Leon wrote:
||| While I don't like government to be involved any more than the
||| next person, something has to be done and right or wrong you have
||| to start some where.
|| The end justifies the means?
|
| Sometimes we have to swallow a bitter pill on they way to where we
| need to be.

One of the reasons we studied history in school is so that we can
avoid the poisonous ones when they're offered.

I'm certain that your intentions are good; but being well-intended
doesn't make this approach even a little bit less toxic.

I'd like to suggest that in the context of purely good intention, the
distinction between "right or wrong" is of considerable importance.
Would you have your state and your schools teach otherwise?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar