Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

"George" wrote in message
t...

Wonder how our crotchety civil libertarian views the Arkansas obesity
program? Think it's less about "constitution" and more about who's
proposing the invasion of privacy?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/02/05...ion=cnn_latest

I was going to comment with tongue in cheek that some one would cry out that
it would be an invasion of freedom of expression if the state tried to
require the school kids to see the results of their poor eating habits and
lack of exercise.

Then I read the article and it seems to be endangered because of the poor
esteem that it may inflict. Never mind the shorter life span and poor
health will inflict in the long run.