Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] mcmook@googlemail.com is offline

Default GU10 CFL equivalents

On 6 Feb, 13:15, David Hansen wrote:
On 6 Feb 2007 03:50:24 -0800 someone who may be
wrote this:-

what alternatives would you suggest? the room will be a gallery with
paintings/art on the wall.

Lighting such things from the ceiling tends not to do them any
favours, though some installations are better then others.

I would probably study the possibility of "traditional" picture
lights just above the paintings, fitted with fluorescent lamps.
These don't need to be "traditional" brass things though. They can
be individually switched.

For general lighting, if the room is large enough, I might look at
uplighters fitted with mercury vapour lamps or the "white" sodium
lamps. The latter would be more efficient but you would need to
consider whether the "white" is white enough for you.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

thanks some things to consider... 'traditional' picture lights would
be good but the pictures are likely to change location and shape on a
regular basis so fixed locations would be problemeatic... i tried to
follow your suggestion re IET could you be more specific?