Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Road Tax on driving a vehicle

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 10:35:50 UTC, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
That's assuming there is a choice. Nearest suitable school for my kids
is at least 8 miles away. Terrible public transport (1.5hrs by bus).
We've sent him FURTHER away so he can go by train. GIvernments never
seem to grasp that a big stick won't work if there is no alternative.

Hmm. Every one wants to have a free choice where they live, work and send
the kids to school - and *always* have an excuse about PT in their area
not being suitable for either. So we have the inevitable congestion on the
roads.

There really is no other choice in this case. There are no grammar
schools in our twon, or the next one. Nearest one is as I said. PT is as
I said.

No doubt Mary or someone will now tell us we should send him to the
nearest school regardless, because 'it was good enough for them'.
http://www.diybanter.com