Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Road Tax on driving a vehicle

On 2007-02-06 09:50:38 +0000, David Hansen
said:

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 07:58:23 GMT someone who may be Roger
wrote this:-

More roads generate more traffic don't y'know. Well not really. That is
a myth put about by the anti car lobby.

Are SACTRA part of "the anti car lobby"?

Is the President of Transport 2000, who has been filmed for
Transport 2000 driving his car, part of "the anti car lobby"?
http://www.transport2000.org.uk/celebrity/News.asp

The organisation certainly represents the anti-car lobby.

On their home page, all of the photos are of means of transport other
than cars.

On their intro page they say:

Transport 2000 is the independent national body concerned with
sustainable transport. It looks for answers to transport problems and
aims to reduce the environmental and social impact of transport by
encouraging less use of cars and more use of public transport, walking
and cycling.
Transport 2000's vision is of a country where traffic no longer
dominates our lives, where many of our journeys can be made on foot, by
cycle or using public transport and where you don't need a car to enjoy
the countryside or city life.

Doesn't seem to be in support of cars to me....