Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Road Tax on driving a vehicle

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
That's assuming there is a choice. Nearest suitable school for my kids
is at least 8 miles away. Terrible public transport (1.5hrs by bus).
We've sent him FURTHER away so he can go by train. GIvernments never
seem to grasp that a big stick won't work if there is no alternative.

Hmm. Every one wants to have a free choice where they live, work and send
the kids to school - and *always* have an excuse about PT in their area
not being suitable for either. So we have the inevitable congestion on the
roads.

I'm not being judgemental about this - merely posing the question about
what happens when the country grid locks - as it must do - if traffic
continues to increase?

Do we issue passes for essential use like going to work or taking the kids
to school and ban driving to the shops - apart from say once a week?

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.