Posted to misc.consumers.house
Greg Greg is offline

Default "Flipping" IS NOT a dirty word...

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:24:52 -0600, Alan wrote:

OK, so now we know YOUR definition of flipping. However, since many
SANE people refer to legitimate rehabilitation and reselling as
flipping, we know that the practice is often good for the neighborhood
and a respectable practice.

Greg

Well, EVERY time I've heard the term "flipping" used in
public, especially by the media, it has been my definition.

Please be smart enough NOT to call what you do "flipping"
since MANY people will think you are being a greedy jerk.

Call it "rehabbing" or "turning over" or whatever your brain
can come up with. But if you call it "flipping" you'll have
to reap the consequences of what that word means to most
people!

Sheesh!

Alan

I am aware of the definition that you are restricting yourself to. I
have heard it, too. However, consider that your experiences are not
everyone's experience.

I refer you to look up flipping on wikipedia.org, and it largely
agrees with you, but cast an eye at the section entitled "Positive
effects of real estate flipping".

Since I find your alternative wording for positive flipping to be
clunky and cumbersome, I'll stick with flipping. The term is not
strictly defined at the moment, so maybe I can influence its future
meaning.

Greg