Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] websurf1@cox.net is offline

Default "Flipping" IS NOT a dirty word...

On Feb 5, 5:24 pm, Alan wrote:
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:07:41 -0500, Greg

wrote:
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 08:15:26 -0600, Alan wrote:

The term "flipping" means fraud and a rip-off by
unscrupulous people who take advantage of naive buyers.
They do cheap, cosmetic repairs and are greedy enough to
manage to convince realtors and buyers that they're getting
what they're spending for, when, in fact, they're being
ripped off.

Simply buying a bad property at a low price, doing a
legitimate rehab, and reselling at its value is not
"flipping".

It is rehabbing and reselling in a legitimate way!

Alan

OK, so now we know YOUR definition of flipping. However, since many
SANE people refer to legitimate rehabilitation and reselling as
flipping, we know that the practice is often good for the neighborhood
and a respectable practice.

Greg

Well, EVERY time I've heard the term "flipping" used in
public, especially by the media, it has been my definition.

Please be smart enough NOT to call what you do "flipping"
since MANY people will think you are being a greedy jerk.

Call it "rehabbing" or "turning over" or whatever your brain
can come up with. But if you call it "flipping" you'll have
to reap the consequences of what that word means to most
people!

Sheesh!

Alan

==

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death.
I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything
and let the problem take care of itself.

Flipping a house is pointless.
Flipping a driver can get you hurt.