Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Tile grout

"TheWanderer" wrote in message
link.net...
We've just bought a new house about five months ago and I'm having
problems with the master bath shower grout.

All along the edges inside the shower the grout is starting to turn
darker and it has cracks in it. It's fairly obvious to me that water is
getting into the cracks and causing the grout to erode.

The problem is that the builder says this is fairly normal and not to
worry about it!!!!!!!!! Should I or should I not demand that he
re-grout around the base of the shower enclosure??

Thanks for the help.

The experts I talked to were quite firm on the opinion that grout
was not appropriate for corners and the tub edge. They recommended
100% silicone caulk for those locations to accomodate the inevitable
movement which will occur over time and temperature swings.

Bob