George

Default Garage Doors

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:05:49 GMT, Ken Sterling wrote:
It's a 25 year old house and the garage is attached. Three of the
springs are of unknown vintage but have rust forming on them. One I
took a guess about the weight and replaced about 3 years ago. I'm
pretty sure that at least a few of the springs have been replaced over
the years as there are marks on both sides of the door where the
springs have snapped and smashed through the 1/4" panelling.

I checked the rails and they look good. I ensured the cables are on
the pulleys and the door still raises up the one side faster than the
other and jams. A spring imbalance seem to make the most sense.

--George

Are you sure you need new springs yet?
Ken.