Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default To the nice people in this ng

On Feb 5, 1:49 pm, "buffalobill" wrote:
On Feb 5, 3:11 pm, "Amanda" wrote: I lost it in another thread because I dislike Amart Alecs and those
who thrives on attacking others.

Just want to let you know that I appreciate the help I got from nice
people.

If anyone can gudie me to a group where I can post a question on

" Holmes 1 Touch portable heater, I'd appreciate it. I need to post a

question on the item I have (see pic below).

http://www.officeworld.com/Worlds-Bi...HFH2986U/07Q1/

use a digital multimeter to test for continuity when heater is
unplugged. put the meter probes to each other to check for beep in the
ohms or continuity mode. holding the probe handles, touch each probe
to a plug prong. you may have to stand the heater rightside up for it
to test ok when the switch is on and the thermostat is set to cal;l
for heat.
some devices like new window fans have a permanent safety fuse built
in to the plug. this fuse is not intended to be replaced.
"If your heater fails to operate:
· Make sure the electrical outlet or circuit breaker is working.
· Check for obstructions. If you find an obstruction turn the heater
OFF, and UNPLUG THE UNIT. Carefully remove the obstruction and
follow the reset instructions.
· The thermostat might be set too low. Press the MODE/OFF button
until the heater restarts.

Yes, I did fail to check the electrical outlet or circuit breaker.
Please DO NOT attempt to open or repair the heater."

Not even by an electrician?