Posted to alt.home.repair
Felder Felder is offline

Default To the nice people in this ng

On Feb 5, 3:54 pm, "Amanda" wrote:

snipped

Anyway, I was abusive of this small heater, not waiting for 10 mins
before trying to start again when it stops partly because I didn't
remember about the tiny print on the back that says to wait for 10
mins when ti stops. (I just saw it when broguth next to my PC for no
apparent reason.)

So it stopped working altogether and I wonder whether it's just the
wire blowing up. I have a family friend, like a brother, an
Electrical Engineer, who will be visiting me in a week or two. I am
thinking to ask him to take a look if it is just the wire. This unit
has some sort of sensor, right? Could that be that sensor?

I don't want to bother him if it is the sensor that got damaged
instead.

Just a thought, but did you try the unit on another outlet? You may
have just tripped a breaker in your breaker box.
-Felder