Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...

I love it. You don't have a solution, so you demand someone else
"think".

No, I gave a solution, hitch a ride with a neighbor, friend. public
transportation. I refused to keep presenting solutions because JClarke
spends all his effort being contrary and making excuses why he or some one
can't do this or that. I asked him to think rather than make up excuses.
Can't will always prevent a solution. Again, where there is a will, there
is a way and especially when my child is involved. If necessary, the $500
fine will certainly provide a mojority the will if it has to go that far.
If I were in a situation where I absolutely could not find a way to make ANY
meetings I would certainly start talking with my kids NOW about staying out
of and how to stay out of trouble.

Actually, it is the teacher's problem as much as it is the child's and
parent's problem. It is also society's problem, but legislation is not
the way to correct it, and may well be un-Constitutional. I know us
liberals are always tossing up the Constitution, Leon, but it's there
and is the basis for our laws. At least it it mostly was before Shrub
took office.

Because of the restrictions imposed on all teachers against disciplining
their students in Texas public schools the problem is getting worse. Too
many parents did not want their children disciplined but none offered any
possible solutions to getting their kids to act civilized.
The line needs to be drawn as to how much these kids are going to get away
with. Parental involvement is key whether the parents like it or not.