Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Performance of TRVs

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 21:17:20 +0000, Dave Fawthrop wrote:

Has anybody got any figures on the performance of Thermostatic Room Valves?
Settings 0 - 5 = ??? degrees C
open to closed = ??? degrees C
There must be a specification somewhere.

Leaving my digital probe thermometer in one position in a room is giving me
a swing of a few degrees in temperature, and I would like to chase down the
reason for this differential.
---

They are not made well enough and combined with other factors there is too
much variation between units. Hence the relative scale using numbers,
final user tweaking is needed to get the settings right.