Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default How to remove odor from car trunk

LurfysMa wrote:
I'm posting this to several groups in hopes that someone will have an
answer.12 Dec 1813

I need suggestions for getting the smell or rotted fish out of the
trunk of my car and a duffel bag.

On the way home from the grocery store, one of the grocery nags tipped
over in the trunk. A couple of packages of frozen salmon fell out and
slipped behind a duffle bag. I didn't notice them.

Well, just to hazard a guess .. salmon is oily fish, so perhaps that
makes the stink "oil based". I would try full-strength laundry
detergent on the carpet. Let it stand a while and then rinse. Kitty
litter on the trunk liner? Beyond that, I would call the insurance
company, at least for advice.