Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] jeffrey.j.howard@cox.net is offline

Default de;ta faucets

I've spent 2 days this weekend without water because of a delta
faucet.

After about 8 hrs of trying to repair the faucet myself, I've got a
plumber coming Monday.
Its virtually impossible for a layman to replace the springs and seats
on a delta faucet.
The faucet is of such poor quality that they wont seat properly
without leaking unless a professioanl plumber does it at $65/hr.

The delta website provides little in the way of help. I found a half
dozen other websites that provided more info on how to repair a faucet
then delta does.

My house is barely 5 yrs old. No reason I should have a leaky faucet
except for the poor quality of delta faucets. Customer support has
been non existent so far. You don't want to go through what I am now.
Spend the extra money and buy a quality faucet. Delta repair products
are cheap, the problem is the $65/hr plumbers charge and only a
plumber will be able to seat such cheap spring seats propertly without
leaking.