Posted to alt.home.repair

Default When will home prices start droping in coastal areas?

In article ,
says...
On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 22:59:10 -0500,
wrote:

Not to mention storm surge. Someone was quoting that the average at the
Goldengate bridge is up about 7 inches in the last 15? years.

This is a global warming alarmist site and their predictions range
from 200mm to a bit over 800 MM in the next 93 years. When the water
goes over my dock in the worst case scenario I will be over 150 years
old. I will take my chances.
Storm surge itself is such a crap shoot I am not losing any sleep over
an extra couple feet of sea level. If it is coming it will come today.
That is why I have flood insurance

Several large insurance companies are considering not offering flood insurance to NEW
owners. If that happens your property value will plummet when banks refuse to give
them a mortgage.

No, it's wind coverage that's being dropped, not flood.

Flood insurance is a federally-run program, part of FEMA. Private
insurers don't generally offer their own flood insurance, they sell NFIP
flood insurance, at least up to the limits of the FEMA program. There
are private excess flood policies available for people whose homes or
businesses exceed NFIP limits.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/