Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Power consumption: new Dustbuster

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 22:07:36 -0500, "Charlie Bress" wrote:

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
.. .

Just got a new B&D Dustbuster 9.6v (CHV0600). $26 at Kmart.

If I leave it on the charger-cradle, it'll waste current just
warming the niCad or somesuch? How much?

Could use some help with the arithmetic.

Power Unit:
Input 120v 60hz 4.5w
Output 15v 130mA

If I just left it in the cradle, what would power consumption
for a full year look like? Numbers above are sufficient?

It 'pears I'm paying about 8 cent a kilowatt-hour ...

TIA,
Puddin'

"Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather
than the victim."
- Bertrand Russell

Leaving it in the charger may shorten the life of the battery. B&Dsays it is
OK, but others say overcharging is not good.
Cost of new battery overshadows cost of power.
Charlie

Hidden objextive of my query: to stimulate a little discussion and
maybe determine if I should just plunk the damned thang down on a table
or somesuch instead of storing it on the charger-base all the time.