Alan Raisanen

Default OT - Diesel Fuel Filter Question

Laurie-
Just make sure you fill it up with diesel and/or Power Service additive and
check that the recirculator valve o-ring is OK, or replaced. Other TDI
drivers are using the NAPA filters with good results, although the Gold line
is recommended over the cheaper Silver line. I buy a lot of TDI parts from
Impex. They have the Bosch filters for $27.00.

If you aren't there already, look at the boards at http://www.tdiclub.com/
for all things TDI related.Here is a thread about the NAPA filters:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showflat.p...ev=#Post673861

Al
(My 2000 Jetta TDI averages 50 mpg...in winter...at 75 mph. Lets see the
hybrids do that!)

"Laurie Forbes" wrote in message
Am about to replace the fuel filter on my 02 VW Golf TDI (diesel).

Dealership wants $66Cdn but can get one at local aftermarket shop for
$18 ("NAPA" brand made by Wix). I don't want to waste money but OTOH
don't want to play Russian roulette with my fuel pump and injectors.

Which one should I buy??

TIA for any assistance...........

Laurie Forbes