Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default Vinyl sidiing?

a. mine is steel
b. I've seen hundreds of pictures, and all it takes is driving around and
looking straight down the side of houses with vinyl. You'll get dizzy
looking at the crooked *******s. (Also the seams are always nice also.) I
never did figure out why they call it seamless with all those seams in it.
c. if it's steel, all they'd have to do it keep it cool. No problem other
than possibly blistering the paint.
d. My closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away. If his house burns, I probably
won't even know it. There's NO WAY I'd live any closer than that to
someone.

--
Steve Barker

"Willshak" wrote in message

My vinyl siding is 23 years old. It has none of the failures that you
describe although the neighbor's houses on either side of me have not
burned down in all that time, but each is about 60 feet away and they are
covered in asbestos siding. Ever see an asbestos siding house burn? Watch
out for shrapnel!.
Are you speaking from experience, or repeating some bull**** that someone
else has said?
What do you have on your house?

Steel is the only way to go.

Here's a plus over steel siding.
If your house catches fire, the vinyl will melt from the heat so that the
fire hoses can get to the wood fire behind the steel.

--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY