Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.energy.homepower
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Which Insulation do I use for Open Basement Ceiling Overhead Subflloring, Flooring

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message
I neglected to state I live in the mid atlantic region, Baltimore,
and there is no furnace in the basement only a gas fired water
heater for a heat source. Earlier today the temp was 48 degrees in
the basement. It's got electric baseboard heat
but I only use it when the outside temp is below 20 degreee F for
extended periods.

Insulate the walls, not the ceiling. The heat going up will stay in
the house until it reaches the second floor and some small loss to
the walls. The heat going out the walls is lost and expensive.

I agree with Ed. Any heat lost is going towards heating your home.
However you can be loosing heat out the walls.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit