Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default Pinnacle Honing Guide?

Couple problems I see right off. If you are using the sled, you will need to
level it with your stone. If you change stones, repeat the process. If you
are not using the sled, your stone better be pretty parallel to the table,
otherwise, things are going to get skewed. Also, if running on the table and
you change stones, it better be the same thickness within pretty close
tolerances or you're going to have to reset the tool. How many here have a
perfectly matched set of stones, both parallel and size? Lets see some
hands.

"Leuf" wrote in message
If you've gotten your latest Woodcraft catalog you've seen this new
honing guide.

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?FamilyID=20080

Pricey little bugger. I like the concept of keeping the guide off the
stone, but it seems like you'll wear a hollow in the stone a lot
faster being forced to keep the chisel in one line.

-Leuf