Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Bandsaw Choice

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 21:40:56 GMT, "Neil Larson"
wrote:

Im looking to replce my 20 year old Craftsman 12" bandsaw. I will use it
primarily for resawing, cuting dovetails and joints and some bandsaw boxes.
I am trying to make my mind up between the Rinkon 10-325, Powermatic
PWBS-14CS and the Jet JWBS-14DX.

All are within my price after adding delivery and a mobile base. I am
familure with the Jet and have found good info on the Powermatic, but info
on the Rikon is scarce. Anybody have any experience with these and any
recommendations on what to buy?

You mean 14" bandsaws?

Especially since you mention resawing, take a hard look at Grizzly and
Delta- Grizzly sells a riser block kit that will give you some extra
cutting depth, and as far as I'm aware, it is 100% compatable with a
Delta (except for color, of course)

Those Grizzly bandsaws are really worth a look. I've had the pleasure
of using and looking over several, and they're a lot of tool for the
money.