Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nickbates1@vodafone.net is offline

Default Have British Gas (BG) recommended a good heating system for me.

On 16 Jan, 09:33, Psst wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:05:30 +0000 (UTC), Ed Sirett

wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:33:59 -0800, HelpDiy wrote:

BG have quoted to replace hot airheatingsystem with a wet system and
I really would be grateful for opinions on whether it sounds a good
system (is the boiler any good). They said could not have sealed system
as mains water pipe is too small and so need header tank in loft.
Recommended aBritishGas330 boiler which I think might be Glow Worm
HXi. Our house is a 4 bed 70's style detached (its not a mansion!).

BG quoted £7100 forBritishGas330 boiler (condensing), 10 radiators
and a towel rail (6ft towel rail sounded a bit excessive in our small
bathroom!), new water cylinder, radio controlled thermostat in hall,
thermostat on each radiator except the hall one, digital controller
box.

The price is a bit scary IMHO- Hide quoted text -

im amazed at how many "experts" knock british gas quotes when they
havent seen the actual contents of the quote,
a few pointers.. direct labour can be specified by the customer... the
quote will include free home care... the 330 boiler has substantial
upgrades.. vat is included because british gas cant "do a discount for
cash" and then forget to declare the vat.the radiators have extended
warranty. the engineers wont **** in your water tanks (ever see
watchdog ?).. the boilers that are supplied have a parts availability
guarantee.. the engineers wont suddenly disappear half way through
the job or once they have your cash. ive seen british gas
jobs completed and ive seen independent jobs completed. enough said.