Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Performance of TRVs

In article ,
Dave Fawthrop writes:
Has anybody got any figures on the performance of Thermostatic Room Valves?
Settings 0 - 5 = ??? degrees C
open to closed = ??? degrees C
There must be a specification somewhere.

On a small sheet of paper in the box they came in.

Leaving my digital probe thermometer in one position in a room is giving me
a swing of a few degrees in temperature, and I would like to chase down the
reason for this differential.

Try measuring the temperature right next to the TRV head.
The TRV can't do better than keeping that constant.

--
Andrew Gabriel