Posted to alt.home.repair
Jo Jo is offline

Default What is this hole in every window frame?

I posted some pictures at http://home.austin.rr.com/kabo/window/

There is a picture of the general window, along the track with the
hole highlighted, the outside of the window (it is a different window
but the same design, the one with the hole is too high off the ground
to easily get to). Finally, as good a close up of the mechanism
as I could get.

Thanks,

"LayPerson Tom" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 08:59:51 -0600, "Jo" wrote:

The temperature in our family room has always been a little
different than the rest of the house. We attributed to the wall
of windows that made it unique. Recently, I heard a howl outside
and felt a breeze blow through the room! So we started looking and
found at the bottom center of every horizontal sliding window frame,
there is an oval shaped hole that goes straight to the outside. You
can really only see it inside if you look down the axis of travel of the
window. What is this hole, why is it there, and what should I use to fill
it? Anything else I should be aware of? My first thought was to just use
the GE Silicon.

Thanks

Got a photo to share?

tom @ www.YourMoneyMakingIdeas.com