Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default J-B Weld vs. J-B Kwik

Gerry Atrick wrote in
:

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:59:56 -0600, "Steve Barker"
wrote:

You are correct. The longer the cure takes, the better the bond. I
won't use jbquik.

If thats the case, I want some JB Century. (Takes a Century to cure),
but is stronger than God himself.

Actually I think I have some JB Century. About a year ago I mixed
half JB Weld and half JB Kwik by accident. It was half hardner and
half resin, but the stuff never hardened. One year later its still
soft, and I even put the metal object on top of my wood furnace for
awhile hoping the heat would cure it. Nothing will harden it. I had
glued an air filter canister from a small engine to a piece of
plumbing pipe to use as an air intake for an air compressor. Since it
never hardened, I just bought a air filter made for the compressor,
but just for the hell of it, I still have that old glued piece and I
am waiting to see how long it takes to cure and harden. Maybe it never
will.

probably too much hardener.Only thing to do is to scrape off the old stuff
and re-do it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik