Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256 Rich256 is offline

Default Snowblower Problem ?

Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote:
Had the same problem with my generator.( Tecumseh Engine) When the unit got
warm The intake valve would stick open. I took it out put in drill and used
emery paper took off one half thousands and ran fine after that. It still
starts hard though FYI I will not buy any more Tecumseh products. Everyone
Iv owned I had problems with . I just had a 5 year old engine blow up and
put the rod out the back of the engine. Upon examination I found no reason
this should have happened.The cylinder walls and rod and crankshaft showed
no signs of overheating or damage and the oil was checked prior to use. And
yes I'm timely about oil changes
You MUST drain your fuel after the season ends.
Also there is a summer and winter formulation Iv been told. I dump all my
spare gas in my truck every two months and refill all my cans with fresh gas
I also prefer the old fashion glass sediment bowl to monitor the fuel
condition and water in your fuel.
I just bought a new rider and that is the first thing that will get changed
"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..

I question if the glass bowl would show water with ethanol. The damn
stuff mixes with it and becomes very corrosive. In my area we have had
ethanol for 10 or 16 years. They outlawed MTBE many years ago after
detecting high levels in the rivers. And as I said before all the
stations now use it all year because they can sell it cheaper.

I just checked my blower manual ( Tecumseh engine) and it indeed
specifies that all gas using ethanol should be drained at the end of the
season.