Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kb7270@gmail.com is offline

Default Insurance claims for a leaking main water line in the foundation of the house

Hello All,

Unfortunately a leak has developed in the main water line supply (in
the basement of the house). This leak has been diagnosed in the
section of the pipe that is embedded within the concrete foundation of
the house. The plumber has quoted me a pricey amount of close to four
thousand dollars to excavate the land and replace the entire length of
the pipe. Meanwhile due to the constant trickle of water the carpet
has been ruined. I am given to understand that the ruined carpet will
be covered under my insurance policy. However, the excavation and
replacing the damaged pipe might not be covered because the insurance
companies are not willing to pay for any settlement or age related
issues. Is this true? Is there any other way one can ask the insurance
companies to pay for this entire work?

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

kb7270